Jadon Sancho breaks silence after Euro 2020 exit
Jadon Sancho has broken his silence since England’s Euro 2020 exit.
The Manchester United bound winger had not commented on social media since England’s penalty shootout defeat to Italy on Sunday night.
Sancho was one of three England players to miss penalties in the defeat.
The 21-year-old looked visibly shaken after missing his spot kick and used his post on Instagram to say sorry for his miss.
Sancho also addressed the abuse he and his teammates have taken, but said the positive messages of support have outweighed the mindless negatives.
Sancho really does not need to apologise. Penalty defeats are part of football and somebody has to miss.
There has been an outpouring of public support for Sancho and Rashford, who will link up at United next season.
Sancho underwent and completed his medical at Manchester United yesterday, BBC Sport reported.
He has signed a five year contract with an option of a further 12 months. United are preparing to formally announce his transfer, before he goes on holiday, to rejoin pre-season at a later date.
- 'Really good': Erik ten Hag says he has been impressed by 'high potential' Manchester United player in training
- 7 Manchester United players could make first appearance against Manchester City for Red Devils
- Pep Guardiola hails 'incredible' Manchester United player as well as 4 Red Devils midfielders
- Ten Hag press conference: Manchester United star doing 'really well' in training, could come into team vs City
- 4-3-3: Manchester United's strongest XI on FIFA 23, top scorer and two Ten Hag favourites miss out
- 'Technical ability is frightening': Teammate raves about player Manchester United let go this summer
- 'It was ready'… Manchester United star visited Real Madrid ahead of potential transfer, says former agent
- Manchester United star has already proved he was right to snub £17m City move, now he must show them
- Manchester United star thrilled to win award he did not know existed
- Opinion: Ten Hag must be considering brave call to start 20-year-old in Manchester derby
- One year since his worst Manchester United moment, 23-year-old is at career high point
- 'He's promised'… Manchester United star's mum says she hopes he signs with former club
- Dutch football expert explains why Antony and Lisandro Martinez could dominate Manchester derby
- Report: Two Manchester United players have not trained fully this week and could now miss the derby
- Roberto Carlos explains why he'd have liked to play alongside two Manchester United stars