Jadon Sancho has broken his silence since England’s Euro 2020 exit.
The Manchester United bound winger had not commented on social media since England’s penalty shootout defeat to Italy on Sunday night.
Sancho was one of three England players to miss penalties in the defeat.
The 21-year-old looked visibly shaken after missing his spot kick and used his post on Instagram to say sorry for his miss.
Sancho also addressed the abuse he and his teammates have taken, but said the positive messages of support have outweighed the mindless negatives.
Sancho really does not need to apologise. Penalty defeats are part of football and somebody has to miss.
There has been an outpouring of public support for Sancho and Rashford, who will link up at United next season.
Sancho underwent and completed his medical at Manchester United yesterday, BBC Sport reported.
He has signed a five year contract with an option of a further 12 months. United are preparing to formally announce his transfer, before he goes on holiday, to rejoin pre-season at a later date.
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United
- Fred and McTominay stepped up for Solskjaer last season and he needs them to improve
- Josh Cavallo: Raphael Varane leads praise after Australian footballer comes out as gay
- Facundo Pellistri looking ahead to Barcelona after second successive Alaves win
- Pochettino reportedly remains United’s top choice to replace Solskjaer
- Paul Pogba hits back at claims he snubbed Solskjaer
- United loanee Ethan Galbraith scores stunning first goal for Doncaster
- Manchester United talent Alvaro Fernandez makes Spain U19 debut
- Erik Ten Hag already has £11m offer from another Premier League club
- Manchester United have two academy players who would be perfect for Conte’s wing-back system