Jadon Sancho has broken his silence since England’s Euro 2020 exit.
The Manchester United bound winger had not commented on social media since England’s penalty shootout defeat to Italy on Sunday night.
Sancho was one of three England players to miss penalties in the defeat.
The 21-year-old looked visibly shaken after missing his spot kick and used his post on Instagram to say sorry for his miss.
Sancho also addressed the abuse he and his teammates have taken, but said the positive messages of support have outweighed the mindless negatives.
Sancho really does not need to apologise. Penalty defeats are part of football and somebody has to miss.
There has been an outpouring of public support for Sancho and Rashford, who will link up at United next season.
Sancho underwent and completed his medical at Manchester United yesterday, BBC Sport reported.
He has signed a five year contract with an option of a further 12 months. United are preparing to formally announce his transfer, before he goes on holiday, to rejoin pre-season at a later date.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad
- Sergio Ramos and Marcelo congratulate Raphael Varane on Manchester United move
- Manchester United friendly at Preston cancelled
- Rafael criticises Glazers’ failure to communicate with United fans
- Raphael Varane’s last appearance at Old Trafford was a painful one for Manchester United
- Who is reported incoming Manchester United youth addition Ethan Ennis?