How Cristiano Ronaldo reacted to Manchester United defeat
Cristiano Ronaldo was understandably frustrated by Manchester United’s defeat.
Ronaldo played all 90 minutes and failed to score as United lost 4-2 to Leicester City.
At the final whistle Ronaldo looked a forlorn figure.
Ronaldo’s annoyance is easy to empathise with. United threw away a lead with sloppy defending and then conceded right back after equalising at 2-2.
The forward will also be frustrated with his own display.
Ronaldo had a chance to double United’s early lead and saw his shot saved by Kasper Schmeichel. This would have put United 2-0 up before half-time, only for Leicester to equalise soon after.
In the second half his best chance came from a Marcus Rashford pass, but he was unable to stay onside, and then missed the shot any way.
Ronaldo was not the biggest problem by any means, the defence and midfield was awful, but this was the type of game where simply everywhere needs improvement.
More will be expected from United and Ronaldo on Wednesday night against Atalanta.
- 5 free agents Manchester United could sign this summer including Rangnick's international DM and '£85m' Italy striker
- 'He delivers'… Steve McClaren is a huge fan of 25-year-old Manchester United midfielder
- 'Every detail'… Erik ten Hag says he has a 'good feeling' about Manchester United
- 17-year-old wonderkid 'expected' to go on Manchester United pre-season tour
- Ten Hag's first Ajax XI star gives 7-word brutal truth on Dutchman's Manchester United chances
- Cristiano Ronaldo sets new Manchester United club record and sends message to fans
- 3 reasons Manchester United should not sign Frenkie de Jong, and 3 reasons a deal could be a big success
- 'Big transfers'… Ten Hag says Ajax could cash in on star players including Antony and Timber and raise £100 million
- Paul Pogba sends message to Manchester United's FA Youth Cup stars