Cristiano Ronaldo was understandably frustrated by Manchester United’s defeat.
Ronaldo played all 90 minutes and failed to score as United lost 4-2 to Leicester City.
At the final whistle Ronaldo looked a forlorn figure.
Ronaldo’s annoyance is easy to empathise with. United threw away a lead with sloppy defending and then conceded right back after equalising at 2-2.
The forward will also be frustrated with his own display.
Ronaldo had a chance to double United’s early lead and saw his shot saved by Kasper Schmeichel. This would have put United 2-0 up before half-time, only for Leicester to equalise soon after.
In the second half his best chance came from a Marcus Rashford pass, but he was unable to stay onside, and then missed the shot any way.
Ronaldo was not the biggest problem by any means, the defence and midfield was awful, but this was the type of game where simply everywhere needs improvement.
More will be expected from United and Ronaldo on Wednesday night against Atalanta.
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw