Hannibal Mejbri and Will Fish send messages after making Manchester United debuts
Two Manchester United players made their full debuts against Wolves.
Under-23 player of the season Hannibal Mejbri came off the bench to play the final 10 minutes of the season.
Defender Will Fish came on in the 90th minute. The pair became the 15th and 16th academy players handed debuts by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Hannibal, 18, was delighted to make his debut, and sent a message out to supporters.
Young teammate Will Fish, 18, also expressed his gratitude at making his first team bow.
Shola Shoretire made his debut earlier this year and he was delighted to come off the bench and make another appearance.
Amad started the game and was unlucky not to register an assist after playing Dan James through in the second half, only for the Welshman to shoot wide.
Amad reached out to pal Hannibal to congratulate him on making his debut.
Solskjaer was thrilled with the way all of the young players contributed.
He told the club website: “You’d like to say you that you would see some of these in the future, of course. I think it was a game in the spirit of Man United, Sir Alex and Sir Matt, that you give kids the chance.
“My job is to do my best for Man United, and I felt today, as I said before, it was a Man United-spirited performances with loads of kids that made their debuts, Elanga scored his first goal, so today I was really proud of them”
Below is a list of all the 16 academy players to be handed their debuts by Solskjaer.
There is so much talent in the under-23s and under-18s that the list will continue to grow next season…
Manchester United academy players handed debuts by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Tahith Chong
- James Garner
- Mason Greenwood
- Brandon Williams
- Di’Shon Bernard
- Ethan Laird
- Dylan Levitt
- D’Mani Mellor
- Largie Ramazani
- Ethan Galbraith
- Teden Mengi
- Dean Henderson
- Shola Shoretire
- Anthony Elanga
- Hannibal Mejbri
- Will Fish
- 17-goal wonderkid, La Masia graduate: 3 FA Youth Cup winners Man Utd should loan out this summer
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars
- Five players Manchester United had very lucky escapes on including '£50m-valued midfielder'
- Long-serving Manchester United academy coach set to leave as behind the scenes changes continue
- 'We are going to win trophies'… Manchester United star optimistic about silverware next season
- 5 free agents Manchester United could sign this summer including Rangnick's international DM and '£85m' Italy striker
- 'He delivers'… Steve McClaren is a huge fan of 25-year-old Manchester United midfielder
- 'Every detail'… Erik ten Hag says he has a 'good feeling' about Manchester United
- 17-year-old wonderkid 'expected' to go on Manchester United pre-season tour
- Ten Hag's first Ajax XI star gives 7-word brutal truth on Dutchman's Manchester United chances
- Cristiano Ronaldo sets new Manchester United club record and sends message to fans
- 3 reasons Manchester United should not sign Frenkie de Jong, and 3 reasons a deal could be a big success