Hannibal gets first international assist in 5-1 Tunisia win
Manchester United wonderkid Hannibal is currently away at the FIFA Arab Cup with Tunisia.
He started the game as they got their campaign underway against Mauritania today.
The midfielder set up the first goal of the game scored by Seifeddine Jaziri as Tunisia cruised to a 5-1 win.
He was replaced on 64 minutes to a standing ovation after an impressive performance.
He started on the left of the front three in Tunisia’s 3-4-3 formation and influenced the game from there.
The experience of representing his country on a global stage will be vital for Hannibal in his development.
It seems he is thriving on the pressure so far although tougher tests will lie ahead if Tunisia go all the way and lift the trophy.
He is still waiting for his first international goal but this was his first assist for his country.
What is the FIFA Arab Cup?
The FIFA Arab Cup is the Arab world’s international football tournament and the 2021 edition will be the first with the FIFA Arab Cup branding.
It kicked off today (30 November) and the final will take place on 18 December in Qatar, who will of course also host the 2022 World Cup.
The tournament will involve 16 teams and Tunisia have been drawn against the United Arab Emirates and Syria as well as today’s opponents Mauritania in the groups.
Hannibal and Tunisia’s next game is on Friday against Syria where he will hope to build on this performance.
- Manchester United 'confident' of clinching £60 million Casemiro deal
- Manchester United ready to go toe-to-toe with Barcelona to sign 19-year-old Frenchman
- Cristiano Ronaldo's potential last hope of a Manchester United exit emerges
- Report explains what specific attributes have attracted Manchester United to Casemiro
- Gary Neville says Manchester United have a player who can be the 2022 version of Roy Keane