Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer came out fighting in defence of Mason Greenwood last week.
The teenager came off the bench in the late stages against Chelsea at the weekend.
Now he is pushing for a start and looked in great spirits in training pictures despite the heavy rain at Carrington on Tuesday afternoon.
Mengi with the first team
It is notable to still see Teden Mengi training with the first team squad.
Mengi has started the last two games for United’s under-23s and is expected to captain the team when the FA Youth Cup resumes this weekend.
United are keen to keep him involved around the first team set up, and he looked happy to be there.
It makes sense for United to keep Mengi around the first team with Eric Bailly out injured.
Mengi has not yet featured under Solskjaer this season, but he is there if needed.
New signing Facundo Pellistri was also with the first team along with Edinson Cavani.
Pellistri played for the under-23s on Friday night and if he makes the bench this week it will be a sign United are pleased with his progress.
One notable player who was absent from the session was Alex Telles, who also missed the game with Chelsea.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool
- ‘Paul Scholes was right’… United fans react to Liverpool defeat
- Solskjaer reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool