Manchester United midfielder Fred played 45 minutes for Brazil in their World Cup qualifying match against Paraguay.
Fred was among the starters as Brazil secured an impressive 2-0 away victory.
This was the second game in a row Fred has started for Brazil since earning his first recall since 2018.
Brazil won with goals from Neymar and Lucas Paqueta.
After the game, Fred wrote on Instagram: “Excellent victory away from home. Difficult game in which our whole group had a great performance. We are going strong in pursuit of our goal.”
Booking ends Fred’s night early, again
Brazil boss Tite wanted to take no chances after Fred picked up a yellow card. He must have been watching United’s game against PSG last season.
Against Ecuador on Saturday Fred was substituted after 62 minutes after picking up a first half booking.
In this latest win over Paraguay Fred picked up a yellow card in the 43rd minute and was substituted at half-time.
Fred had been effective, completing 88 per cent of his passes, also creating two goalscoring chances. He made 40 touches in 45 minutes.
He also made six ball recoveries and won one tackle, and dribbled past an opponent once.
While he would have liked to complete the game, Brazil made a sensible call at 1-0 up to change things around. His replacement Lucas Paqueta scored the second goal in second half injury time.
Brazil sit 10 points clear at the top of the Conmebol qualifier and their place at World Cup 2022 looks guaranteed.
Now the squad turn their attention to the Copa America, which is scheduled to begin in Brazil next week, BBC Sport report, despite claims of a player boycott.
- Fred impresses for Brazil again in dramatic win
- Five German legends comments on Manchester United bound Jadon Sancho
- Diogo Dalot posts message after making Portugal debut
- Victor Lindelof makes timely contribution to help Sweden finish top
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance
- Pogba and Fernandes embrace at end of France and Portugal draw
- Paul Pogba produces another masterclass as France draw with Portugal
- Anthony Elanga’s rave reviews set him up perfectly for 2021/22
- Jadon Sancho agreement likely ‘in days’ – report
- Neville hails Harry Maguire’s ‘dominant’ performance in England win
- How Paul Pogba’s salary compares to France international teammates