Manchester United defender Ethan Laird join MK Dons on loan last week.
The 19-year-old has already made his debut for the League 1 club in an FA Cup tie where they took Burnley all the way to penalties.
They eventually lost the shootout but speaking to the club’s website, Laird has thanked his new manager Russell Martin for throwing him straight in.
He has also given an indication of what the club’s fans can expect from him during his time there.
“I want to bring excitement. I want to be that player where, when I get the ball, people are wondering what I’m going to do next. I need to focus on my defending but hopefully when I get the ball, there can be fireworks!
“I have the licence to do that here. [Last week] was a bit hectic so I want to thank the manager for giving me the minutes he did.
“This week is about making sure I’m ready for Saturday – I’m going to be ready for that one and hopefully the manager will play me.”
“We as Man United players have that winning DNA so hopefully it will be easy for me to get adjusted, but that’s why I’m here – to gain that experience.”
Laird found himself behind Brandon Williams – who has been struggling for gametime himself – in the full back pecking order at Old Trafford.
That means it made sense for him to go out on loan and try to battle for a spot in Martin’s side.
Loan spells are important for the development of young players – for some it’s the first time they’re playing in games which really matter, under big pressure.
Playing against Premier League opponents in a cup tie last weekend was a big step in Laird’s progression and league debut against Peterborough this weekend would be another.
He certainly seems to have his eyes on getting forward from full back to contribute in attack, which is an area Aaron Wan-Bissaka struggles in the first team.
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news