Eric Bailly gives fitness update after early Ivory Coast substitution
There was an injury scare over Eric Bailly on Thursday evening after he was taken off early in Ivory Coast’s match with Belgium.
Bailly appeared to be clutching his hamstring ahead of his substitution, in a friendly which ended 1-1.
Bailly has a poor injury record and losing him would be a tough blow for United right now, at a moment when he is fit and the team need him.
Fortunately, Bailly says the substitution was just a precaution.
Bailly tends to cause a panic each time he goes down because of his past injury record.
It is best that the Ivory Coast national side took no chances with Bailly.
These international friendly fixtures are a pointless exercise at this time of year.
Ivory Coast face Japan on Tuesday in a friendly match.
It would be better if Bailly sat that one out, to concentrate on his availability for United ahead of a busy run of fixtures.
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer
- Manchester United offered chance to sign star Ten Hag sold for £23.8m