Edinson Cavani uploads video working out as he continues return from injury
Edinson Cavani was ruled out as Uruguay kicked off the final international break of the year with a 1-0 home defeat against Argentina.
His injury problems kept him out of the City game at Old Trafford and he will miss all of Uruguay’s games this month as he focuses on his recovery.
As he looks to return to match fitness, Cavani has uploaded a video of a workout on Instagram alongside a message to his followers, which said ‘let’s keep training’.
He also posted a video on his story of himself going for a run.
That is the second time he has done so this week, after he posted a video of the work he was doing with a personal training.
During the international break, Cavani has spoken about his injury battle to Uruguayan outlet El Observador.
“The issue was like this,” he said. “Before starting the season, I had discomfort in the tendon.
“It made me spend a couple of weeks out until I began to gain some minutes [on the pitch] in my team. I had to go back to the national team, always with a bit of pain, but with the hope that it would disappear.
“It was improving but, after Tottenham, it started coming back.
“They are difficult injuries, and I decided to have the treatment so that it does not continue to get worse, and to recover as soon as possible to be fit for my team and the national team.”
Cavani started and scored against Tottenham but missed the Manchester derby as United were outclassed by Manchester City.
The frequency and intensity of Cavani’s training shows he is relentless in desire to get back to full fitness.
That is the professionalism he brought to the job last season and one of the reasons Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was so keen to keep him around.
Cavani is doing everything he can to make himself available, and impressed Solskjaer with his response to United’s 5-0 loss against Liverpool last month.
- 3 radical decisions Erik ten Hag should consider to get Manchester United back on track
- Manchester United look to accelerate 24-year-old's departure to reunite Ten Hag with 17-time international
- Manchester United wonderkid set to become 7th Reds youngster to join Championship side on loan in PL era
- Guillem Balague says Cristiano Ronaldo departure from Manchester United being worked on
- Manchester United prepared to wait until deadline day to sell 28-year-old on permanent deal