Edinson Cavani trains as goalkeeper for Uruguay
Fresh from scoring for Uruguay at the Copa America last week, Edinson Cavani has been having a bit of fun in training.
Cavani put on the goalkeeping gloves in Uruguay’s latest training session to try and keep his teammates from finding the net.
The Manchester United striker posted a series of images on Instagram showing what he had been up to.
Cavani’s message to teammate Luis Suarez joked that his goalkeeping stint would not be a permanent one.
Copa America progress
Cavani is back in action at the Copa America when Uruguay face Paraguay at 1am on Tuesday.
There is a chance he could be rested as both teams have already qualified.
So no wonder Cavani is relaxing a little, with the pressure off for a brief moment.
Only the bottom team is eliminated from each group after four matches.
Uruguay have four points from three games and Bolivia have zero, meaning Cavani’s side are already in the knockout rounds regardless of what happens.
There is a chance for Uruguay to leapfrog Paraguay, who have a two point advantage. A win would ensure they could get a better knockout draw and potentially avoid Brazil.
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win
- 'Disaster': Player released from Manchester United last summer leaps to the defence of former teammate
- 18-year-old Manchester United whizkid who's trained with first team scores first youth international goal
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been helping Manchester United teammate improve a specific aspect of his game
- Manchester United could pursue 45-cap international if club makes big decision on Ten Hag regular
- Manchester United man ruled out of crucial international clash through suspension
- Former Manchester United captain hopes Red Devils sign 20-year-old who could have been signed for £4.5m
- Manchester United star scores stunning outside of the boot goal in training which delights national boss
- Manchester United's Antony produces a dazzling piece of skill which embarrasses two Ghana defenders
- 'I'm behind': 25-year-old Manchester United ace rates his chances of going to the World Cup