Fresh from scoring for Uruguay at the Copa America last week, Edinson Cavani has been having a bit of fun in training.
Cavani put on the goalkeeping gloves in Uruguay’s latest training session to try and keep his teammates from finding the net.
The Manchester United striker posted a series of images on Instagram showing what he had been up to.
Cavani’s message to teammate Luis Suarez joked that his goalkeeping stint would not be a permanent one.
Copa America progress
Cavani is back in action at the Copa America when Uruguay face Paraguay at 1am on Tuesday.
There is a chance he could be rested as both teams have already qualified.
So no wonder Cavani is relaxing a little, with the pressure off for a brief moment.
Only the bottom team is eliminated from each group after four matches.
Uruguay have four points from three games and Bolivia have zero, meaning Cavani’s side are already in the knockout rounds regardless of what happens.
There is a chance for Uruguay to leapfrog Paraguay, who have a two point advantage. A win would ensure they could get a better knockout draw and potentially avoid Brazil.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice