Edinson Cavani has expressed his emtotions on Manchester United’s Europa League final loss.
Cavani says the defeat ‘breaks my heart’, while encouraging his team to keep pushing.
Cavani was one of Manchester United’s best players on the night, scoring a well taken goal to net his 17th of the season.
Unfortunately United could not provide Cavani with more chances to win the game.
He scored his penalty in the shootout, netting convincingly, but United lost 11-10 on spot kicks.
Cavani’s Europa League campaign ended with six goals and two assists from five appearances.
He was one of the players who impressed, and deserved to finish on the winning team.
This was Cavani’s first major European final, and he did not want it to end this way.
Cavani has one more year left on his renewed contract at United, and he will be even more determined for his second season with the club to end with silverware in 2021/22.
- Manchester United being linked with Sulemana again, Ajax in pole position
- Anthony Martial pictured working out ahead of pre-season
- Manchester United’s 20 most expensive transfer deals of all time
- Mansfield boss delighted to sign Manchester United’s Nathan Bishop on loan
- French media deliver their verdicts on United star Paul Pogba’s display last night
- Fred impresses for Brazil again in dramatic win
- Five German legends comments on Manchester United bound Jadon Sancho
- Diogo Dalot posts message after making Portugal debut
- Victor Lindelof makes timely contribution to help Sweden finish top
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance