Borussia Dortmund are working on a deal to spend the Jadon Sancho money already, report BILD.
The German newspaper report Dortmund have set their sights on PSV Eindhoven forward Donyell Malen.
Malen featured as a late substitute for the Netherlands in their 3-2 win against Ukraine at Euro 2020.
United and Dortmund are yet to agree a fee for Sancho, which BILD acknowledge. The report adds: “Internally, however, it is assumed that this time an agreement will be reached with the Red Devils.”
Dortmund are reported to be working on a deal and believe Malen and PSV would be receptive to a move.
Malen, 22, quit Arsenal’s academy four years ago to return to the Netherlands and has gone onto shine as a very promising young forward.
He scored 19 goals and provided eight assists in the Eredivisie last season, also netting five Europa League goals.
Malen may get bought with the Sancho money, but he could end up being more of a replacement for Erling Haaland, even if the Norwegian only leaves next summer.
Positive for United
It seems there is an acceptance on Dortmund’s part that Sancho will leave, and it’s felt like that all year.
It feels like Sancho is keen to move on and United are clear frontrunners for his signature.
BBC Sport reported United’s first bid was rejected last week. Negotiations are continuing.
Fabrizio Romano says United have been in contact with Sancho’s representatives over the weekend. Hopefully this week will be the week the longest running transfer saga in football finally gets concluded.
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad
- Sergio Ramos and Marcelo congratulate Raphael Varane on Manchester United move
- Manchester United friendly at Preston cancelled
- Rafael criticises Glazers’ failure to communicate with United fans
- Raphael Varane’s last appearance at Old Trafford was a painful one for Manchester United