Fabrizio Romano has given an update on Manchester United’s pursuit of Jadon Sancho.
Kind of. Romano says United and Jadon Sancho’s representatives have been in touch.
There is still no breakthrough with Borussia Dortmund. He says talks are planned to continue with the German club.
As far as an update goes, this was really the minimum we would have hoped for from United. It’s not the ‘here we go’ fans are waiting for.
There is still no breakthrough over a transfer fee although we hope that could change.
United and Dortmund are still quibbling over the total price, breakdown of how the fee is paid, and bonus payments.
The Athletic reported that United wanted to include a Ballon d’Or clause in the deal. Dortmund are opposed to this idea.
Romano has previously reported that United and Sancho have agreed personal terms and agent fees, so the contact between them this weekend was likely simply an update, to discuss where they were in negotiations with Dortmund.
It does feel as though this deal will get done, eventually, and United are still clearly active in trying to make it happen. It just isn’t happening fast enough for anybody’s liking.
Sancho failed to make the bench for England in the team’s opening game of Euro 2020, a 1-0 win over Croatia.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad