Amad scored his first ever international goal for Ivory Coast at the weekend.
The Manchester United superkid netted an injury time free-kick to secure a 2-1 win over Burkina Faso.
Amad sent a message celebrating his goal and received a response from one of the Ivory Coast’s most famous ever players.
Striker Didier Drogba wrote, “It’s just the beginning, may God guide you son congratulations.”
Amad had replied to an earlier message from United teammate Bruno Fernandes, praising the Portugal ace for his guidance for scoring free-kicks.
Drogba’s comment expresses how excited he is as an Ivorian to have a player of Amad’s talent coming through.
The game against Burkina Faso was just a friendly, but it bodes well for the upcoming World Cup qualifying campaign.
Ivory Coast are in a group with Cameroon, Mozambique and Malawi, which will be played in the Autumn, and only the first placed team reaches the next phase, a two legged knockout tie against another group winner.
Amad’s emergence gives the Ivory Coast extra hope and his goal is a sign of what he can do.
This was just his second international game and he awaits his first start later this year.
Amad wears the country’s flag on a wristband for United, showing how proud he is of his heritage.
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player
- Scotland fans go crazy for Scott McTominay after performance against England
- England v Scotland: Two Manchester United stars have scored for Three Lions v Scotland in last 25 years