Amad Diallo scored his first ever international goal for Ivory Coast last night.
The Manchester United wonderkid netted a 90th minute winner from a free-kick to earn a 2-1 victory over Burkina Faso.
You can watch the goal below, with Amad posting the clip on his Instagram page.
Amad’s goal prompted congratulations from his United teammates, with Anthony Elanga and Bruno Fernandes among those to reach out on social media.
Teenage winger Amad responded to Fernandes, writing in Italian, ‘me lo hai insegnato tu’, which translates as ‘you taught me’.
Amad may have benefitted from Fernandes’ tutelage in training, but he is a bit of a dead-ball specialist anyway, netting a free-kick for United’s under-23s against Chelsea in one of his three games at that level.
This was only Amad’s second ever match at international level after making his debut in March.
Amad was a second half substitute in Saturday’s friendly and netted his free-kick in the seventh minute of injury time.
Even in limited game time Amad has found a knack of being a game changer.
He scored one goal in two Europa League appearances for United, and provided one assist in three Premier League games.
It’s important not to put too much pressure on him, but he could become a valuable squad player for United next season.
At just 18 he is already showing signs of brilliance and his international exploits underline his potential.
- Luke Shaw is the strongest player in the England squad, says Three Lions teammate
- Paul Pogba blames the heat for France’s disappointing Euro 2020 performance against Hungary
- Academy talent Johan Guadagno doing extra training in off-season
- Dan James helps Wales reach last 16 at Euro 2020
- PSG pushing to beat Manchester United in Varane race
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?