Despite likely exit Jesse Lingard's training performance is still strong
Jesse Lingard hasn’t made a Premier League appearance this season but it does not appear to be for a want of effort in training.
As per ESPN, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been impressed by the Englishman’s dedication and commitment on the training ground.
Lingard was again left out of the United squad for the trip to face Liverpool at Anfield yesterday
But he recently played against Watford in the FA Cup and Solskjaer has apparently so far been reluctant to let him leave this month.
Solskjaer is apparently conscious of leaving his squad short during a busy season, with the Europa League set to return soon too.
Lingard and Solskjaer have apparently maintained a good relationship, despite disagreeing over his future.
The midfielder wants to leave United this month in search of regular first team football.
A host of clubs are named in the report in connection with Lingard, including Inter Milan and Tottenham.
But Solskjaer hasn’t decided whether to let him go and in the meantime, Lingard has regularly topped the performance stats in training.
One of the signs of a harmonious squad and a good man-manager is the fact that players who aren’t regularly involved remain motivated and a good influence on the training ground.
Lingard does deserve credit for that and his performance against Watford earlier this month was bright at times, especially considering his extended absence from the side.
The 28-year-old could do with a new challenge to kickstart his career, but Solskjaer may well plan to use him in the Europa League and FA Cup to keep his squad fresh.
And for as long as Lingard isn’t causing a problem on the training ground, there’s no pressure on him to rush into a decision.
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss