Manchester United’s friendly against Aston Villa was a useful workout for the players ahead of next week’s Premier League kick-off.
It was a first workout for Donny van de Beek in Manchester United colours, and the new signing from Ajax played all 90 minutes.
Van de Bee was pleased to get out there and sent a message to fans on social media afterwards.
The Dutchman says he is already looking forward to United’s first match of the season against Crystal Palace.
Van de Beek was joined in the starting line-up by goalkeeper Dean Henderson.
Henderson put in an assured performance in goal as he stepped in for David de Gea, who was not involved.
The England international also sent a message, saying he can’t wait to get started.
Henderson is by no means certain to start United’s first game, De Gea is the favourite to do so.
However, he did his chances no harm at all with his performance at the weekend.
Henderson versus De Gea is a good problem for United to have. Two talented goalkeepers might give Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a tough decision, but the extra competition will raise standards across the board.
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v PSG
- Marco Verratti says he hopes Paul Pogba does not play for United against PSG
- Solskjaer talks up on-loan James Garner ahead of Watford FA Cup clash
- Thomas Tuchel praises Manchester United’s quality on the counter-attack
- Solskjaer talks up PSG defender Marquinhos ahead of Champions League clash
- Fragile PSG are vulnerable and dangerous: Manchester United must keep focus
- Predicted Manchester United XI v PSG
- United fans stunned to see Matteo Darmian score in the Champions League
- Scott McTominay returns to Manchester United training
- Gasperini praises Amad Diallo after Champions League debut
- Bruno Fernandes could make Manchester United pay up