Manchester United legend David Beckham has added his voice to the dozens of famous faces praising Marcus Rashford.
Rashford has united Britain with his successful campaign to provide free meals to children in need over the summer holidays, forcing the Government into a U-turn.
Beckham posted a message on Instagram hailing Rashford’s ‘amazing achievement’, telling him to be proud.
Beckham’s message will mean a lot to Rashford, as the Treble winner is a player who United’s current star said he grew up idolising.
Rashford told ESPN last year: “The players I looked up to are obviously older now. The younger players look up to us.
“When I was younger and would see people like Beckham and Scholes on the walls, it gives you that determination every time you went to training. You would want to reach those heights.”
Now it is Rashford who is an inspiration for United’s younger players, and even his current teammates.
Colleagues Juan Mata and Harry Maguire both sent message to Rashford last night congratulating him on his campaign.
All eyes will be on Rashford when he features for United this Friday against Tottenham, and he is likely to embrace it.
When the pressure is on, Rashford shines brightest, as he has shown time and time again during his short career to date.
You would be a brave man or woman to bet against him scoring.
- Robin van Persie raves about Anthony Martial’s performance
- Five things we learned as Manchester United beat FC Copenhagen
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v FC Copenhagen
- Harry Maguire is the exception which gives United hope over Sancho deal
- Lille chief raves about ‘immense talent’ Angel Gomes
- FC Copenhagen’s Mo Daramy is ‘crazy about United’ and has chance to impress
- Promotion for under-23s gives United a positive dilemma for youngsters
- It’s deadline day for Manchester United: Or is it?
- A Phil Jones sale this summer would be a mini-miracle for United