We are finally here. Manchester United are preparing to kick off for the first time in three months.
United have confirmed the team line up to face Tottenham this evening.
Starting XI: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Fred, Fernandes, James, Martial, Rashford
Substitutes: Romero, Bailly, Williams, Pogba, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Ighalo, Greenwood
There are nine substitutes thanks to a temporary Premier League rule change, and five are permitted to be used.
Tottenham line up with experienced defenders Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld both on the bench.
Their XI is Lloris, Sanchez, Aurier, Davies, Dier, Bergwijn, Winks, Lamela, Son, Sissoko, Kane.
A number of talented players do not make the 20-man squad, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had this message for them earlier today.
He told the club website: ” You’re right to feel disappointed but there’s only one way of getting back into the team: working hard and showing that you want to give everything you’ve got for the team-mates that you’ve got. In the end, if you end up with a trophy, it’s all worth it.”
Defenders Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones are injured and were not considered for selection.
Kick-off is at 8.15pm and this is United’s first visit to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
A win can take us level on points with Chelsea in fourth (although they have a game in hand) and seven clear of Spurs.
Solskjaer is looking to do the double over former boss Jose Mourinho, after a 2-1 victory at Old Trafford earlier in the season.
- Manchester United U18s return to action with dramatic 4-3 win against Blackburn
- Liverpool tie looks like Odion Ighalo’s last chance to play for Manchester United
- Pellistri and Diallo have versatility to both ultimately start together for United
- Donny van de Beek can prove he is ready for Manchester United superstardom this weekend
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success