Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes has been all about scoring goals this season, currently sitting as the club’s top scorer.
He provided his first assist this week in the defeat to Young Boys, as he bids to replicate or better his tally of 18 last season.
While Fernandes’ assist was totally overshadowed by the disastrous loss in Switzerland, the pass in itself was beautiful.
As shown by the graphic below, Fernandes’ pass to Cristiano Ronaldo cut out five Young Boys defenders.
Exquisite execution and vision
Fernandes’ pass was played with the outside of his boot, curling the ball into space for Cristiano Ronaldo.
To even see the pass demonstrates Fernandes’ vision, and to execute it so expertly is testament to his ability.
Ronaldo deserves credit too, for making the run and connecting with Fernandes so well.
The way the pair linked up was impressive and showed there is a lot more to come from his partnership.
The media narrative that Fernandes would be negatively impacted by Ronaldo’s arrival has already been consigned to the dustbin.
The assist will lift Fernandes’ confidence further, getting him off the mark in that area, ahead of the visit to the London Stadium this weekend.
Last season away at West Ham, Fernandes created eight chances after coming on at half-time, producing a staggering individual display.
If he can play with the same dynamism this weekend then United should be well set to bounce back with another league win.
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance
- Jadon Sancho grows in confidence without a cutting edge in United defeat
- Anthony Elanga makes a big impression in a short amount of time
- Solskjaer comments on Edinson Cavani’s fitness
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it