Bruno Fernandes needed just 59 minutes to complete his night’s work for Manchester United against Istanbul Basaksehir.
Fernandes scored two goals in United’s 4-1 victory, which opened up a three point gap at the top of Champions League Group H.
UEFA have named Fernandes as one of four nominees for the Champions League Player of the Week.
The other three nominees are Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, who scored once in their win, Atalanta’s Robin Gosens, who helped his side beat Liverpool, and Ajax’s Dusan Tadic.
Fernandes was also named by Whoscored.com in their matchday four Team of the Week. He was the only United player selected.
The United star could have had a hat-trick. Indeed it seemed inevitable when the team were handed a first half penalty.
Fernandes surprisingly handed the ball to Marcus Rashford, who set a United club record in the process.
He made it look easy
Fernandes has been starring in the Champions League this season like he has been playing at this level his whole career.
It is easy to forget that is not the case. This season he has three goals and one assist in four Champions League games.
His only previous experience in the competition was with Sporting back in 2017, in which he played six games and scored once.
Fernandes has grown a lot since then and become a far better player. Now instead of just playing on the big stage, he is owning it.
- Manchester United's Champions League opponents could have springboard to finding best form
- 99 touches, 7 duels won: Manchester United star produces assured performance against West Ham
- 'Didn't put a foot wrong': Manager praises 'outstanding' Manchester United loanee
- 'We knew': West Ham defender gives his verdict on Manchester United after last-gasp defeat
- 'Treading carefully': Manchester United loanee won't return until next month
- 'It doesn't matter how or who': Manchester United star sends passionate message to fans
- Rio Ferdinand mocks his brother after Manchester United beat West Ham
- 'He can go to the top': Manager tips 'unbelievable' Manchester United loanee to achieve big things
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial respond to teammate's 'Fergie time' message
- 'Amazing feeling'… Manchester United attacker says it was a dream to hear fans singing his name
- Manchester United star sets all-time Premier League record in Red Devils win