Manchester United’s players are celebrating a spectacular second half comeback against Atalanta.
United defended poorly in the first half and were wasteful in front of goal. They went in 2-0 down and were booed off by some fans at Old Trafford.
The team came out looking far more determined and resilient in the second half, and were more ruthless in front of goal.
Strikes from Marcus Rashford, Harry Maguire and Cristiano Ronaldo sealed a 3-2 win.
Players celebrate on social media
Ronaldo was the first player to post on social media after the win. Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba both also celebrated United’s resilience with their messages.
Marcus Rashford celebrated making his return to Champions League action on such a special night, while Fred and Aaron Wan-Bissaka also lauded the Old Trafford atmosphere.
United hope this win will settle the team down a little and lead to more positive consistency.
A huge Premier League game awaits at the weekend against Liverpool and United need to defend better than in the first half against Atalanta.
Scoring three goals in the second half will provide some confidence, and United will go into the game believing they can win.
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player