Boubacar Kamara to Manchester United: The lowdown on the latest situation
Boubacar Kamara’s name has been increasingly linked with a move to Manchester United over the past week. Expect the speculation to continue as the January transfer window nears.
Let’s dig in a little more into Kamara’s situation and whether a move is looking likely, or not.
Spoiler alert: Kamara is keeping his options open right now.
Who is reporting Kamara to Manchester United?
The Athletic reported last week United are monitoring Kamara’s situation at Marseille. The midfielder’s contract expires next summer.
The MEN report United are keen on signing a midfielder – but their report only names Amadou Haidara as a target, with Kamara not mentioned.
Further reports linking Kamara to be close to a move to United are not credible. They stem from the same Spanish outlet which linked Mason Greenwood to Arsenal last week, which says it all.
So United may be aware of a move, but don’t believe the reports which say United are in talks over a deal and are looking to wrap it up in early January. You will be left disappointed.
Who else is interested in Kamara?
Wolves also tried to sign him in the summer, while The Express report Barcelona to be aware of his situation.
What are Marseille doing about his contract?
Marseille have wanted to extend Kamara’s deal for a while now and hit a brick wall. The midfielder appears determined to at least test the market and see what he could earn elsewhere.
La Phoceen report Kamara has various contract offers on the table, ranging in contract length, with one offering him a five-year stay.
As far as his current wages go, Salary Sport report Kamara earns £46,000 a week, a contract he can look to double – or more, with his next move if he plays it right.
Kamara is a very talented player who made our list of 11 potential defensive midfielders Manchester United should sign, back in the summer.
United could potentially snap him up for around £10 million, due to his contract being set to expire this coming summer.
With defensive midfield a priority area to improve, this seems like a no-brainer deal for United to rush through in January.
But just because it should happen, does not mean it is happening. Be cautious over what you read, with some national papers taking the false rumours from Spain suggesting talks are underway and carrying them as if they are genuine.
If there is a reliable and trustworthy update to report on Kamara, we will have it covered as and when it happens.
Right now it appears Kamara is in no rush and Marseille are not in a hurry to sell him either despite his contract situation. They would rather gamble and get to the end of the season and hope he can be convinced to re-sign.
- Manchester United have scouted £43m-valued 'fantastic' striker who Owen Hargreaves loves several times
- Gary Neville gives his verdict on how he thinks Erik ten Hag will replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United
- Manchester United star injures player who made 14 appearances under Ten Hag in World Cup training session
- Alejandro Garnacho gives glowing two-word verdict on Manchester United star's World Cup performance
- Report: Manchester United now want to sign £52m midfielder who won at Old Trafford this season
- 'I could have left for United'… World Cup goalscorer speaks out about failed Old Trafford move
- Jude Bellingham and Wayne Rooney pay tribute to 'absolutely outstanding' Manchester United World Cup star
- Manchester United prospect scores the winner for his loan club during World Cup break
- 'Very proud': Manchester United coach pays tribute to Red Devils forward after his 'beautiful moment' at the World Cup