Aston Villa have suffered a double injury blow ahead of their visit to Old Trafford this weekend.
Villa boss Dean Smith has confirmed via the club website that winger Leon Bailey has been ruled out with injury.
Bailey signed for Villa for a fee of £25 million in the summer from Bayer Leverkusen. He has scored one goal and has one assist so far.
He featured in Villa’s 3-0 win over Everton on Monday night.
Villa are also set to miss returning midfielder Morgan Sanson. He made his comeback from injury against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup in midweek, and then suffered a hamstring strain. The former Marseille star will not be available for this weekend’s match.
Already Villa are without defender Axel Tuanzebe, on loan from Manchester United, who is ineligible for the fixture.
How do United’s injuries compare?
There are no new injuries for Manchester United to contend with this weekend.
Marcus Rashford remains out, and it is not expected Edinson Cavani will be available. Amad is the other player on the sidelines.
Apart from that United have a full bill of health and many of the team’s top stars got a rest in midweek.
Paul Pogba and Cristiano Ronaldo were among the players rested for the cup tie in midweek.
Saturday’s game is set up quite well for United to get a result, although games at home to Villa have been tough in recent seasons.
Villa claimed a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford two seasons ago, and then last season it was a narrow 2-1 victory for United thanks to a second half penalty.
They have had a mixed start to the season with two wins and one draw, plus two losses from five league games.
- Manchester United youngster Will Fish impacted by manager change
- Cristiano Ronaldo expecting twins with girlfriend
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut