After a brief holiday following a spell playing for Sweden’s under-21 side, Anthony Elanga is back putting the hard graft in.
Elanga made his Manchester United debut at the end of 2020/21 and scored in the last day win over Wolves.
He appears to be taking his fitness regime very seriously as he prepares for pre-season.
Pictures posted to Elanga’s Instagram story feed show him doing a private work out and he looks in unbelievable shape, with the physique of a budding Cristiano Ronaldo.
Another picture taken from the session shows Elanga doing a 60 inch box jump, setting a fitness studio record in the process.
He could be jumping for headers like Ronaldo too. His first goal against Wolves came with his head, as well as one of his Sweden under-21 goals.
It is great to see that Elanga is pushing on to get better. This is the same attitude which helped Ronaldo get to the top.
While the Portuguese star’s success may be unrepeatable, it does not stop young players like Elanga trying to follow in his footsteps.
Elanga is at the right club to develop and has a big future ahead of him. He will be looking to show Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in pre-season that he has the ability to contribute to the first team this season.
The alternative is a loan deal, and there will be plenty of offers for the young Swede.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants ‘complete’ midfielders in his United side
- Cavani not ready for West Ham clash but will hopefully return next week
- Recent United target Eduardo Camavinga makes flying start at Madrid
- West Ham’s Croatia trip gives Manchester United a rare advantage
- Patrice Evra reacts to reports Cristiano Ronaldo moved home due to ‘noisy sheep’
- How will James Garner be affected by Nottingham Forest sacking Hughton?
- Raphael Varane’s freakishly unlucky Champions League opening game record
- Manchester United’s ‘What If…?’ moment: Jude Bellingham would have completed Red Devils team
- German press react to Jadon Sancho’s slow start at Manchester United
- Unai Emery gives verdict on Manchester United’s defeat to Young Boys
- Young Boys star says Solskjaer tactics made their task tougher