Anthony Elanga trained with Manchester United’s first team on Tuesday after being named in the Europa League squad.
The Swedish attacker ‘is in contention to travel to Spain’ for the quarter-final with Granada, the club website report.
Elanga was pictured heading to training along with fellow academy graduates Shola Shoretire, Mason Greenwood, and Brandon Williams.
Elanga worked with the rest of the first team group as United prepared for the quarter-final clash.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will hold his press conference around 1pm on Wednesday.
The team will then fly to Spain for the match-up, so look out for an announcement of the travelling squad around 2pm.
Elanga has a chance to be involved, and this probably spells bad news for Marcus Rashford’s prospects.
Rashford did not train on Tuesday as he recovers from an injury sustained in Sunday’s win over Brighton.
While it’s possible he trains on Wednesday morning, Elanga’s call-up suggests United are not too hopeful he will make it.
United also have a big game on Sunday at Tottenham to prepare for, and Rashford’s fitness is important to get right.
It is preferable he be rested and available for the second leg at Old Trafford, than rushed back too early for the first leg and suffers another setback.
- Luke Shaw delivers passionate message against Super League
- Hung out to dry: Manchester United players deserve our full support
- Jack Kingdon sends message after making Manchester United under-18s debut
- United fans praise Guardiola comments about Super League
- Marcus Rashford expresses discontent towards United’s Super League plans
- Manchester United Supporter’s Trust issue statement after meeting with Prime Minister
- Four benefits of United finally having a full week without a game
- Manchester United a rebel with a self-serving cause as FIFA join fight against Super League
- Manchester United’s biggest wins of all-time
- Neville encourages Marcus Rashford to speak out on Super League