Andreas Pereira set for Lazio medical as he agrees loan move away from United
Andreas Pereira is closing in on an exit from Manchester United.
Lazio’s manager and sporting director confirmed via Di Marzio that a move for Pereira was in the pipeline.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano added that Pereira is scheduled to fly out to Italy to undergo a medical.
Lazio boss Simone Inzaghi told Di Marzio: “I know him, he has quality. He could do well with us.”
Sporting director Igli Tare said: “Pereira will be here in two or three days.”
Pereira is leaving on a loan deal, with Lazio having an option to buy, rather than an obligation.
The 27 million Euros works out at £24.5 million, a substantial sum if United can get it.
The flip side of that is Pereira will have to play very well to convince Lazio to pay up next summer.
More departures possible
Romano added that Diogo Dalot and Chris Smalling are possibilities to join Pereira in Italy.
Roma have returned to the negotiating table over Smalling, while Dalot is wanted by AC Milan.
Neither deal will be easy to complete, but with time running out, there should be some urgency.
These exits look like United finally clearing the decks for new arrivals.
It is overdue, but very necessary. Even if there is no big fee received for Pereira now, getting half of his wages off the books is a step in the right direction.
- Manchester United miss out as £38m midfielder set to sign with Premier League side, will partner Red Devils target
- Fabrizio Romano gives update on £42m Matheus Cunha to Manchester United reports
- £85m striker suspended: Manchester United get boost for Liverpool clash
- 23-year-old Brazilian striker 'keen to join Manchester United', says journalist
- 21-year-old who quit Manchester United two years ago scores v Real Madrid on La Liga debut
- 'Not smart': Erik ten Hag is warned one of his substitutions could backfire
- 3 radical decisions Erik ten Hag should consider to get Manchester United back on track
- Manchester United look to accelerate 24-year-old's departure to reunite Ten Hag with 17-time international
- Manchester United wonderkid set to become 7th Reds youngster to join Championship side on loan in PL era