Andreas Pereira is closing in on an exit from Manchester United.
Lazio’s manager and sporting director confirmed via Di Marzio that a move for Pereira was in the pipeline.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano added that Pereira is scheduled to fly out to Italy to undergo a medical.
Lazio boss Simone Inzaghi told Di Marzio: “I know him, he has quality. He could do well with us.”
Sporting director Igli Tare said: “Pereira will be here in two or three days.”
Pereira is leaving on a loan deal, with Lazio having an option to buy, rather than an obligation.
The 27 million Euros works out at £24.5 million, a substantial sum if United can get it.
The flip side of that is Pereira will have to play very well to convince Lazio to pay up next summer.
More departures possible
Romano added that Diogo Dalot and Chris Smalling are possibilities to join Pereira in Italy.
Roma have returned to the negotiating table over Smalling, while Dalot is wanted by AC Milan.
Neither deal will be easy to complete, but with time running out, there should be some urgency.
These exits look like United finally clearing the decks for new arrivals.
It is overdue, but very necessary. Even if there is no big fee received for Pereira now, getting half of his wages off the books is a step in the right direction.
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news