Andreas Pereira is enjoying an impressive start on loan at Flamengo.
Pereira has scored two goals in his opening eight games for new new club, including one in his last game.
Brazilian outlet UOL describe Pereira’s form as a ‘dream start’ – but don’t get carried away just yet.
Despite there being a reported 12 million Euros purchase option in Pereira’s loan deal – just £10 million – Flamengo are not flush with cash.
Such is the gap in finances between European and South American football, UOL report that the fee is viewed in Brazil as ‘astronomical’.
United will have to hope that Pereira keeps up his good form and the prospect of signing him becomes so unmissable that they work out a way to make it happen financially.
Flamengo teammate Willian Arao is enjoying playing alongside Pereira in central midfield.
He says they are working hard getting to know each other and he is optimistic about the team’s chances of success.
Arao told ESPN Brazil: “We try to get him used to the style as quickly as possible, that we play, our movements. And so do I, may I make him more comfortable.
“So that I can also adapt to the way he likes to receive the ball, the style of play, how he positions himself. We talk on and off the field to get right. grow, let go, to help us.”
Arao added: “We have no limit. Our limit is the sky. We think about winning as many competitions as possible.”
Pereira’s Flamengo sit in third place in the league with two games in hand.
They are also into the Copa do Brasil semi-finals and have now reached the Copa Libertadores final, which they will compete against fellow Brazilian side Palmeiras.
Pereira featured in the semi-finals and has a chance to win South American football’s biggest price in a final due to be contested at the end of November.
A Libertadores final win might just give Flamengo the prize money which could help fund a permanent move for Pereira.
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho in press conference
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea
- German football expert predicts that Sancho will be perfect for Rangnick