Ander Herrera clear to face United but PSG teammates could miss clash
Paris Saint-Germain are struggling ahead of next week’s Champions League clash with United.
The French champions have several players battling injuries, while others have also received positive Covid tests.
Thilo Kehrer, Juan Bernat and Mauro Icardi will all miss the game, while Marquinhos and Timo Draxler are doubts.
Danilo and Marco Verratti are both also undergoing assessments and could miss the game.
Manager Thomas Tuchel told Goal.com: “We are missing too many players. Maybe we will only have 11, 12 or 13 players available.”
One player who is now available is former Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera.
The Spaniard declared himself available after returning to training for PSG today.
Herrera missed United’s win over PSG in 2019 through injury, with Fred, Scott McTominay and Andreas Pereira starting in central midfield.
At present United are spoiled for choice in midfield, with several players battling for positions.
While it is tough to guess who may start under Solskjaer this time around, a lack of options for PSG means Herrera is a probable starter for the opposition.
- Like Haaland: Van Dijk names 'quick' Manchester United striker target as one of his toughest opponents
- Manchester United keeping track of 'huge talent' Kouadio Kone
- Amazing unseen footage emerges of Manchester United's 1999 Treble win
- Prolific striker Ralf Rangnick wanted at Manchester United scores 6 goals in one game
- 'I know'… Club chief speaks out over 34-goal Manchester United target amid 'official offer' claims
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee hits the gym ahead of important summer
- 39-year-old Manchester United man announces retirement from professional football
- 5 Italian players that played for Manchester United amid links with £51m former Atalanta man
- 'I blame the Glazers': Neville says Manchester United should have axed figure years ago