Amad is currently training with Ivory Coast ahead of the Olympic games.
The Manchester United whizkid is looking to make the most of the opportunity later this month.
Right now he is enjoying the training camp, and in particular he is taken with AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie.
Kessie has joined the squad as one of three over-23 players along with Eric Bailly.
Amad posted a picture to his Instagram page showing his admiration for Kessie, writing: “I’m just trying to learn from the president.”
Kessie was very impressive for AC Milan in the two-legged Europa League tie earlier this season, having a goal controversially disallowed at Old Trafford. This was in the game Amad scored his first United goal.
Kessie, 24, presently has an uncertain future at Milan as his contract expires in June 2022.
Amad has Ole’s backing
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer explained that he gave Amad his backing to join up with the Olympic squad.
Speaking to the club website he said: “When your country calls you up, I think I can’t stand in the way of that boyhood dream being fulfilled.
“Amad is a young, exciting prospect. It’ll be good to see them. It’ll be their pre-season but they’ve got to come back with a medal. We need a nice feel about the place when they come back!”
Ivory Coast are in tough group with Brazil, Germany, and Saudi Arabia. The tournament kicks off on July 22.
- Chong, Garner, Laird: Mixed night for Manchester United loan trio
- How has Angel Gomes fared since making his debut for French champions Lille?
- Paul Pogba leads responses as Manchester United stars rally round Jesse Lingard
- Jesse Lingard sends emotional message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United youngsters and rivals congratulate Shola Shoretire on winning goal
- Manchester United are getting the full Cristiano Ronaldo experience, embrace it
- United’s dressing room leaders will ensure there is a response on Sunday
- Making a case for Van De Beek to start for United against West Ham
- Bruno Fernandes’ outrageous assist overshadowed by United loss
- Donny van de Beek sends message to United fans after Young Boys defeat