Do we expect Amad to start for Manchester United against Liverpool? Probably not, assuming the game goes ahead this time.
But, Amad has earned the opportunity to get on the pitch at Old Trafford for a second successive game, after impressing as a starter against Leicester.
In providing the assist for Mason Greenwood, Amad helped set a 15-year Premier League record. It was the first time since 2006 that two teenagers had combined for a goal and assist, BBC Sport reported.
While remarkable the record had stood this long, it was quite special for Amad to play a part in breaking it, in his first ever Premier League start.
From the bench this time?
We expect United to field a strong front four of Edinson Cavani up front, Bruno Fernandes behind him, and Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba out wide.
Rashford in particular is unlikely to play all 90 minutes, and Cavani may not either.
The likely change would see Greenwood replace Cavani after 60-70 minutes, and hopefully Amad on for Rashford.
With Anthony Martial and Dan James still sidelined by injuries, Amad would be next in line when Rashford needs to be withdrawn.
Amad earned this on Tuesday night. He proved he can contribute, and now in 174 first team minutes he has one goal and one assist.
He has four goals and three assists in three under-23 appearances too.
Even if he gets just 15-20 minutes against Liverpool, it may be enough to make an impact, and it will be a huge learning opportunity for him.
These games are great chances for Solskjaer to learn more about Amad, especially considering the quality of opponent. With James and Martial out, there’s added reason to put him in.
There’s no reason to push Rashford through a full 90 minutes after he played 90 at the weekend and then half an hour against Leicester. Amad will be grateful for another opportunity, and while more may come against Fulham and Wolves next week, getting a chance to have a go at Liverpool is a bit more special, even if it is just for quarter of an hour.
- PSG pushing to beat Manchester United in Varane race
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player
- Scotland fans go crazy for Scott McTominay after performance against England