Amad Diallo is waiting in the wings for his next Manchester United opportunity.
Anthony Martial’s potentially season ending knee injury leaves United a player short in attack, and opens up more chances for Amad.
It was Martial who Amad replaced at home to AC Milan when the young winger came off the bench to score his first Manchester United goal.
His header was a moment of improvised genius as he connected with Bruno Fernandes’ lofted pass, and showed what a natural talent he is, knowing where to be, and how best to guide the ball into the net.
Now with United a man down, Amad’s first team chances should increase.
Marcus Rashford is also dealing with various injuries, to his ankle and shoulder. He should be used sparingly over the next few weeks of the season.
Edinson Cavani will also have to be used sparingly too, given his injury record and recent poor form when he has played.
This will push Mason Greenwood into a central role, opening up a spot for Amad on the wing.
Dan James is pushing for opportunities too, but Amad will certainly have a role to play as the season comes to a close.
United need to discover more
Amad is an untapped talent with a high ceiling. United need to discover just how good he can become.
The best way for the former Atalanta prospect to gain experience is by playing, and United need to give him as many opportunities as possible.
United could wrap up Champions League qualification early, and this will provide even more chance for experimental line ups.
A strong end to this season could help Amad kick on early next season, and as tough a blow as Martial’s injury is, it could result in more first team opportunities for United’s new addition over the next month.
- Two Manchester United academy players criticise Super League plans
- David Beckham speaks out against Super League plans
- Gary Neville says the Glazers must be booted out of football
- What Manchester United will look like in 2025 playing in the Super League
- Zidane Iqbal scores on comeback for Manchester United’s under-18s
- United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to help Alaves to first win since he joined
- Manchester United fans display angry banner outside Old Trafford after Super League announcement
- England cricketer Sam Billings takes aim at the Glazers and Woodward over Super League
- Bruno Fernandes expresses discontent towards Super League plans
- Manchester United fans react as Tottenham sack Jose Mourinho