Facundo Pellistri was in action for Alaves at the weekend and it unlike his exciting display against Atletico Madrid before the international break, it wasn’t a performance with a lot of positives.
Alaves were beaten 3-1 at home by Celta Vigo, conceding all three goals in the first 20 minutes.
Pellistri was substituted after 68 minutes in some discomfort, having failed to attempt a shot or create a chance.
Alaves have issued an update on Pellistri’s fitness, and say he is currently being held out of training.
Pellistri has reportedly torn a muscle in his thigh and is undergoing treatment.
The Spanish side said on their website: “Pellistri will follow a conservative treatment and his evolution on a day-to-day basis will determine his availability to join the group.”
What next for Pellistri?
Pellistri is questionable to feature for Alaves against Athletic Bilbao on Saturday.
He had started four consecutive La Liga games prior to the injury and this will halt his momentum.
Alaves are struggling badly and have slumped to 20th in the division, failing to win a match since he arrived.
It might not be a bad thing for him to have a break right now, considering the team’s poor form. He has already gained a lot by going out on loan and playing his first competitive games in Europe.
United will be monitoring the situation. The priority is that the Uruguayan returns healthy for pre-season, and will also be fit to clinch another loan move next season, if the club decide to farm him out again.
Pellistri has shown promise for Alaves, but the club are on course for relegation. He could fare a lot better for a more competitive team.
- Gary Neville says the Glazers must be booted out of football
- What Manchester United will look like in 2025 playing in the Super League
- Zidane Iqbal scores on comeback for Manchester United’s under-18s
- United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to help Alaves to first win since he joined
- Manchester United fans display angry banner outside Old Trafford after Super League announcement
- England cricketer Sam Billings takes aim at the Glazers and Woodward over Super League
- Bruno Fernandes expresses discontent towards Super League plans
- Manchester United fans react as Tottenham sack Jose Mourinho
- Donny van de Beek sends response to Bruno Fernandes’ message after win
- Former United midfielder Ander Herrera rips into Super League plans