Aaron Wan-Bissaka scored his first ever Manchester United goal in the 4-1 win over Newcastle.
Wan-Bissaka’s goal came on another milestone – his 50th appearance in a United shirt.
The strike came with United 2-1 up, and Wan-Bissaka’s goal made the result clear. There was still time for a fourth.
It wasn’t just a tap-in either. He pushed forward even with United leading, played a superb one-two with Marcus Rashford, before smashing the ball into the roof of the net.
The right-back sent a message to supporters after the win…
This was the perfect way to respond to critics who say he needs to improve his attacking output.
That was fair comment of course, but this was the ideal manner in which to show he is always adding to his game.
Wan-Bissaka is only 22, and so often gets judged as if he is a player at his peak. He has so much growth and room to improve still.
This will do his confidence wonders, and it was great to see.
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance