Aaron Wan-Bissaka sends message to Manchester United fans
Aaron Wan-Bissaka scored his first ever Manchester United goal in the 4-1 win over Newcastle.
Wan-Bissaka’s goal came on another milestone – his 50th appearance in a United shirt.
The strike came with United 2-1 up, and Wan-Bissaka’s goal made the result clear. There was still time for a fourth.
It wasn’t just a tap-in either. He pushed forward even with United leading, played a superb one-two with Marcus Rashford, before smashing the ball into the roof of the net.
The right-back sent a message to supporters after the win…
This was the perfect way to respond to critics who say he needs to improve his attacking output.
That was fair comment of course, but this was the ideal manner in which to show he is always adding to his game.
Wan-Bissaka is only 22, and so often gets judged as if he is a player at his peak. He has so much growth and room to improve still.
This will do his confidence wonders, and it was great to see.
- Like Haaland: Van Dijk names 'quick' Manchester United striker target as one of his toughest opponents
- Manchester United keeping track of 'huge talent' Kouadio Kone
- Amazing unseen footage emerges of Manchester United's 1999 Treble win
- Prolific striker Ralf Rangnick wanted at Manchester United scores 6 goals in one game
- 'I know'… Club chief speaks out over 34-goal Manchester United target amid 'official offer' claims
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee hits the gym ahead of important summer
- 39-year-old Manchester United man announces retirement from professional football
- 5 Italian players that played for Manchester United amid links with £51m former Atalanta man
- 'I blame the Glazers': Neville says Manchester United should have axed figure years ago