Aaron Wan-Bissaka scored his first ever Manchester United goal in the 4-1 win over Newcastle.
Wan-Bissaka’s goal came on another milestone – his 50th appearance in a United shirt.
The strike came with United 2-1 up, and Wan-Bissaka’s goal made the result clear. There was still time for a fourth.
It wasn’t just a tap-in either. He pushed forward even with United leading, played a superb one-two with Marcus Rashford, before smashing the ball into the roof of the net.
The right-back sent a message to supporters after the win…
This was the perfect way to respond to critics who say he needs to improve his attacking output.
That was fair comment of course, but this was the ideal manner in which to show he is always adding to his game.
Wan-Bissaka is only 22, and so often gets judged as if he is a player at his peak. He has so much growth and room to improve still.
This will do his confidence wonders, and it was great to see.
- Eric Bailly could be out injured until next month
- Three Solskjaer decisions which won Manchester United game v PSG
- Manchester United fans react to Alex Telles’ performance
- Manchester United’s four best players against PSG
- Manchester United fans react to Axel Tuanzebe’s performance
- Solskjaer praises Axel Tuanzebe’s performance
- Paul Pogba and Alex Telles send messages after PSG win
- Marcus Rashford praises two United teammates after PSG victory
- Rio Ferdinand’s instant reaction to Manchester United beating PSG