United fans react as Ander Herrera makes Champions League final
Ander Herrera has reached the Champions League final with Paris Saint-Germain.
In his first season in the French capital following his Old Trafford departure, Herrera was part of the side which swept aside RB Leipzig 3-0 in Lisbon last night.
Perhaps some eyebrows were raised when Herrera moved to the mega-rich club last summer, but he is 90 minutes away from the biggest trophy in European football.
Perhaps the comparison is futile but it’s a competition United were elated to simply qualify for at the end of 2019/20 – and no realistic supporter expects us to be in next season’s final, unless major signings are made.
As per WhoScored, Herrera had an impressive pass completion rate of 94.7 per cent last night, as well as making two interceptions and a clearance.
It was a typical Herrera display of doing the unseen dirty work and allowing the more expressive players to do their thing.
We had a look at Twitter to see how some United supporters reacted to the achievement of Herrera, who was a real fan favourite during his time at the club.
Many wished to congratulate him on his achievement, with some bemoaning the decision to let him leave. Take a look…
However, the same goodwill wasn’t afforded to another former Red who now turns out for PSG, Angel di Maria.
Di Maria left United for Paris in 2015, and got a hostile reception on his first return to Old Trafford during last season’s Champions League last 16.
He netted the second goal in last night’s semi-final win, and that caught the attention of some United supporters on Twitter…
- Report: Manchester United now set to loan out defender who said he was open to January move
- 'So good': Manchester United star can do 'mad' things with the ball, says international teammate
- 'Incredible' Manchester United star won't be fully appreciated until he's not there, says national team manager
- 'Played really, really well': Ronaldo pays tribute to Manchester United star's performance at the World Cup
- Manchester United already have the perfect partner for Jude Bellingham
- Photo: 17-year-old signs first professional Manchester United contract
- Former Arsenal man raves about 'very high-level' Manchester United star who will be 'very important' at World Cup
- 'Doesn't get enough credit': Pundit raves about underrated part of Manchester United star's game after World Cup win
- In-form Marcus Rashford embarrasses England defender in Three Lions' latest World Cup training session