Watford fans are raving about United loanee James Garner
James Garner is making a very good impression on loan at Watford.
Garner signed for the Hornets on loan last month and has quickly established himself as a regular in the team.
After going up against Wayne Rooney’s Derby last week, Garner was in action last night against Blackburn Rovers.
Garner was heavily involved as Watford eased to a 3-1 victory.
While his one attempt on goal missed the target, Garner managed to create two chances.
He also completed 94 per cent of his passes, keeping things tidy. Defensively he worked hard, making one tackle, one clearance, and three interceptions.
Garner has now made five appearances for Watford in the Championship, of which three have been starts.
This loan is a great opportunity for him, because if he had stayed at United, he probably would not have made a single appearance yet.
United will be monitoring Garner closely and have to be delighted with the start he has made so far.
Watford sit third in the Championship and will be pushing to win promotion to the Premier League.
If they can do so, there could be a case for Garner to spend another year at Vicarage Road on loan in the top flight to further his development.
Garner impressed for United in the Europa League last season and was unlucky not to get more opportunities, and he has clearly outgrown under-23 football.
United’s midfield is tough to break into, but Garner is doing everything right so far. All he can do, is to carry on like he is.
Supporters are impressed
Watford fans are very happy with his early contribution…
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars