Cristiano Ronaldo increased his international goal record by netting three more goals for Portugal.
Ronaldo scored two penalties in the opening 13 minutes of Portuga’s World Cup qualifying win over Luxembourg.
The Manchester United star came close to completing his hat-trick with a spectacular overhead kick in the second half, which was saved by the goalkeeper.
Ronaldo eventually did complete his hat-trick after a Ruben Neves assist late in the second half, scoring a header from close range.
Ronaldo has scored nine goals past Luxembourg in total, more than against any other nation.
How many goals does Ronaldo have in total?
Ronaldo’s brace against Republic of Ireland last month took him clear of Ali Daei (109) to move to 111 as the most prolific international goalscorer of all time.
He scored against Qatar at the weekend and now this hat-trick against Luxembourg extends his record.
Ronaldo is now on 115 international goals in total… and counting.
The Euro 2020 top goalscorer will face Ireland in November and then Serbia, in the final international fixtures of 2021.
Ronaldo is closing in on another figure too. For club and country he now has 794 goals.
He is rapidly closing in on 800, and moved closer last month with five in his first five Manchester United games.
Ronaldo’s club mate Bruno Fernandes was involved as Portugal rounded off a 5-0 win.
Fernandes scored one goal and provided one assist as his double act with Ronaldo continues to flourish.
- Edinson Cavani sends one word message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United and Atalanta are polar opposites in one specific category
- Brandon Williams may have to be patient to regain Norwich starting spot
- Lack of Pogba to Ronaldo connection is biggest attacking disappointment
- How Manchester United could line-up v Atalanta in 3-5-2 formation
- Manchester United’s weakened defence have to contain in-form Duvan Zapata
- Marcus Rashford return could help Luke Shaw rediscover best form
- Tielemans dominated United and showed Solskjaer what he needs and lacks
- Bruno Fernandes made most key passes in the Premier League at weekend