Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored seven goals for Manchester United since returning to the club.
By Ronaldo’s standards it’s a modest number – fortunately he has a long way to go until the season is over.
At this rate he could surpass the 30 goal mark. With Ronaldo you would not bet against him.
Ronaldo’s seven goals for United have been spread across the Premier League (4) and Champions League (3).
It says a lot about how disappointing Anthony Martial was last season that he managed just seven across the entire campaign.
United’s number nine disappointed last season with 7 goals in 36 appearances overall.
It was a major step back from the 23 he netted the year before.
Martial’s struggles were one of the reasons United looked for extra firepower in attack and Ronaldo has shown what a difference a really top class forward makes.
The Frenchman was not in the squad against Tottenham, possibly a combination of not quite being 100 per cent fit, and United’s other attacking options being preferred.
Ronaldo is top scorer
Bruno Fernandes was United’s top scorer last season with 28 goals in all competitions.
This season he is being outscored by Ronaldo so far. Fernandes has four in total.
Marcus Rashford netted 21 last season and has three in four games since his return.
Edinson Cavani is now off the mark with one. He managed 17 last season.
Ronaldo is the main man now. Martial has just the one goal this season, and it is tough to see when his next chance is going to come. He might be lucky to even match his seven from last season.
- Rangnick should reward talented Manchester United youngster after eye-catching display
- Manchester United would be foolish not to pursue signing 'unplayable' £135m man on a free transfer
- 'Never give up': Manchester United players react as ex-teammate makes return after 321 days injured
- 4 Chances Created: Manchester United loan midfielder makes another case for recall
- 'Will be a club captain'… Some fans react to Manchester United loanee's 'outstanding' performance and interview
- 'Need time on the grass': Manager provides update on Manchester United loanee
- Report: Manchester United ace turns down loan move to Premier League side
- BBC pundits claim 'quality' Manchester United player 'stepped up' against Aston Villa
- 'Frustrated' Manchester United ace sends message to fans after Aston Villa draw