Last week Zidane Iqbal returned to Manchester United’s under-18 side after missing the first few months of 2021 with injury. He came off the bench to score in a 3-2 loss to Newcastle.
This past weekend he made his first start as United managed to beat Wolves 5-1.
Iqbal scored two goal, with another two from Charlie McNeill and another from Dillon Hoogewerf.
The second goal Iqbal scored was a little bit special. He dribbled around two Wolves defenders, evaded an attempted block, and shot across the goalkeeper into the net.
Iqbal is now up to five goals this season for the under-18s, making him the joinf fifth-highest goalscorer.
That’s pretty impressive considering he missed the January to mid-April fixtures through injury.
Goalscoring midfielders are very valuable in modern football and Iqbal is on the right track so far in his hopes to make it for the first team one day.
Iqbal signed a first team contract last month and the MEN reported he could be called into the under-23s before the end of the season.
Special goals like the one he scored at the weekend will only accelerate his development.
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come
- Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage send messages after making Manchester United debut
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's 'world class' performance against Young Boys
- Manchester United's 3 best players against Young Boys
- Robbie Savage's reaction as son Charlie comes on to make Manchester United debut
- 5 things learned as Manchester United draw 1-1 against Young Boys
- Ralf Rangnick sends message to Manchester United's youngsters ahead of Young Boys clash
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Young Boys: Rangnick makes 11 changes
- Zidane Iqbal: The Manchester United teenager with an eye for a spectacular goal