Sam Mather provides assist in England under-18s win
Manchester United youngster Sam Mather has been the club’s best player at academy level this season.
Mather continued his impressive form at international level for England’s under-18s.
The dazzling winger provided an assist in a 2-1 loss to Norway, with the Scandinavian side netting a late winner.
Mather’s 49th minute assist came with a perfectly chipped pass over a defender’s head for striker Jude Soonsup-Bell to score.
You can watch the goal below…
Mather was substituted on 60 minutes for Manchester United teammate Daniel Gore.
Both players have played important roles for the under-18s this season after stepping up from the under-16s side.
Mather has an impressive three goals and seven assists already this season at club level.
No United Norway opponent
Isak Hansen-Aaroen was not in the Norway under-18s side. He has been called up the under-19s instead.
Hansen-Aaroen featured as a second half substitute for Norway-under-19s in a 5-0 victory over Wales.
United midfielder Charlie Savage was on the wrong end of the heavy scoreline for the Welsh.
- De Jong's advisors tell midfielder Manchester United is best club for him
- Photo: Tyrell Malacia pictured working out ahead of Manchester United move
- Amazon could show Manchester United's European games from 2024/25
- 4-3-3: Manchester United's exciting XI for 22/23 with potentially 5 new signings
- United target Antony shares training video despite telling Ajax he won't return until August
- 'Big developments' expected imminently over £45m star to Manchester United
- 3 incoming and 1 outgoing deals Manchester United could announce on July 1
- 'Great moment': Bruno Fernandes wants Manchester United star to return to boyhood club before retiring
- 6 players Manchester United re-signed amid 96-cap international's interest in return