Omari Forson signs new deal: Manchester United talent has big season ahead
Omari Forson has committed his future to Manchester United by signing a new deal.
The 17-year-old is a player Manchester United are very excited about, and with good reason.
Arsenal made an attempt to lure Forson away last year, without success, The Mail reported.
Forson stepped up to the under-18s and despite a spell out injured, the attacking midfielder showed real quality for United’s academy.
Forson scored five goals in 13 appearances for the under-18s, providing a further five assists last season.
His biggest impact was felt when he stepped up the under-23s at the bench of the season and stole the show in a win over Derby.
Forson linked up with the likes of Shola Shoretire, Anthony Elanga, and Hannibal and embraced the jump up in quality. Not only that, but he was the best player on the pitch.
The promising youngster scored once and provided two assists in a 6-2 win.
His incisive forward passing showed a combination of impressive touch and good decision making, and proved to his coaches he is ready to make the step up.
This season Forson will get the opportunity to establish himself as a regular in the under-23s, and he has started well.
Promising start to pre-season
Forson has begun the summer well, and continued to show that he can make an impact in the under-23s side.
He scored a long range shot in the under-23 victory away at Hibernian a fortnight ago, and then opened the scoring on Friday night in a draw at Kidderminster.
Forson is going to be given the platform to continue this form for the under-23s this season, and there is a very good chance he will be called to train with the first team if he succeeds.
Shola Shoretire is 17 and he has already made his first team debut. Forson could very well be playing a part in pre-season in 2022 if he carries on his current path.
- 22-goal striker swap deal could be signing of the summer if Manchester United can pull it off
- Rio Ferdinand blasts journalist's 'stupid' question over Manchester United superstar
- United star 'ruled out for the season' could return, says Rangnick
- Edinson Cavani makes young United fan's dream come true
- 19-year-old Manchester United talent sends message as he hopes for first team debut
- Van Gaal recommends Bayern Munich sign key Manchester United target, talks opened
- 'Improved performance': Rangnick names Manchester United star who raised his game v Brentford
- David de Gea and Bruno Fernandes send messages to Manchester United supporters
- 82 of 85 passes complete: Manchester United star shows his class in 3-0 win
- Alejandro Garnacho was perfectly positioned for Cristiano Ronaldo's goal celebration