Manchester United teenager Oliver Kilner has signed with Oldham Athletic.
Kilner, 18, signed with Oldham in a deal announced by the club website last week.
Oldham head of recruitment Paul Ogden said: “Oliver is a versatile defender who can play all across the back four.
“He has been well schooled at Manchester United, being in their setup since May 2012. He is extremely competitive and has a good understanding of defensive principles.
“We’ve monitored his progress for some time and the qualities he possesses are a perfect fit for the group. Oliver travels well with the ball and is very positive when in possession, playing off both feet. I am excited to see how he progresses and with hard work can hopefully be knocking on the first team door sooner rather than later.”
Oldham are in League Two and have former City defender Keith Curle as manager. They finished in 18th place in 2020/21.
Kilner will go into their academy and work towards their first team, where he would have stood a better chance than staying at United.
United’s under-18 side is packed with talent and Kilner made just one appearance in season just gone.
The right-back featured as a substitute in a rare loss last season as a much rotated United side slipped to a 3-1 defeat to Derby.
Clearly a lack of action for him this past season did not bode well and United had no issue with letting him leave.
He has found a club who appear to have a lot of faith in him and we wish him will.
- Manchester United being linked with Sulemana again, Ajax in pole position
- Anthony Martial pictured working out ahead of pre-season
- Manchester United’s 20 most expensive transfer deals of all time
- Mansfield boss delighted to sign Manchester United’s Nathan Bishop on loan
- French media deliver their verdicts on United star Paul Pogba’s display last night
- Fred impresses for Brazil again in dramatic win
- Five German legends comments on Manchester United bound Jadon Sancho
- Diogo Dalot posts message after making Portugal debut
- Victor Lindelof makes timely contribution to help Sweden finish top
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance