Manchester United teenager Oliver Kilner has signed with Oldham Athletic.
Kilner, 18, signed with Oldham in a deal announced by the club website last week.
Oldham head of recruitment Paul Ogden said: “Oliver is a versatile defender who can play all across the back four.
“He has been well schooled at Manchester United, being in their setup since May 2012. He is extremely competitive and has a good understanding of defensive principles.
“We’ve monitored his progress for some time and the qualities he possesses are a perfect fit for the group. Oliver travels well with the ball and is very positive when in possession, playing off both feet. I am excited to see how he progresses and with hard work can hopefully be knocking on the first team door sooner rather than later.”
Oldham are in League Two and have former City defender Keith Curle as manager. They finished in 18th place in 2020/21.
Kilner will go into their academy and work towards their first team, where he would have stood a better chance than staying at United.
United’s under-18 side is packed with talent and Kilner made just one appearance in season just gone.
The right-back featured as a substitute in a rare loss last season as a much rotated United side slipped to a 3-1 defeat to Derby.
Clearly a lack of action for him this past season did not bode well and United had no issue with letting him leave.
He has found a club who appear to have a lot of faith in him and we wish him will.
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United
- Fred and McTominay stepped up for Solskjaer last season and he needs them to improve
- Josh Cavallo: Raphael Varane leads praise after Australian footballer comes out as gay
- Facundo Pellistri looking ahead to Barcelona after second successive Alaves win
- Pochettino reportedly remains United’s top choice to replace Solskjaer
- Paul Pogba hits back at claims he snubbed Solskjaer
- United loanee Ethan Galbraith scores stunning first goal for Doncaster
- Manchester United talent Alvaro Fernandez makes Spain U19 debut
- Erik Ten Hag already has £11m offer from another Premier League club