Marc Jurado says he is 'delighted' after signing professional United contract
Marc Jurado has become the latest Manchester United youngster to sign a professional contract.
Jurado was pictured signing his new deal, and said on Instagram he was ‘delighted’ to commit to the club.
How has his first season been?
Jurado signed for United last summer from Barcelona, despite the Spanish club’s attempt to keep him.
He has been a regular for United’s under-18 side and turned 17 earlier in April.
Jurado has played 14 under-18 games in total, including two in the FA Youth Cup.
He has also made one appearance for United’s under-23 side, featuring recently as a substitute in the game with West Ham, a hint at a future role next season in the upper age group.
His emergence is one of the reasons why United allowed 18-year-old right-back Iestyn Hughes to leave the club and sign with Leicester City.
Jurado has been a little overshadowed by Spanish counterpart Alvaro Fernandez, who joined from Real Madrid last summer.
Fernandez has featured prominently for the under-23s and has five assists at this level already from left-back. But he is 13 months older than Jurado.
This has been a good bedding-in season for Jurado and while right-back is a difficult position in which to break into United’s first team in the future, he still looks like a very good prospect who will be given every opportunity to succeed.
This show of faith from United may have been a mere formality, but it will also help him feel more settled on and off the pitch.
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'