Marc Jurado’s long awaited switch from Barcelona is moving closer to completion.
After ESPN reported last week that Manchester United had received international clearance for the move, Jurado has flown in.
Jurado posted a picture on his Instagram story of his flight heading for Manchester, along with a caption reading, ‘a new dream is coming’.
ESPN reported also that Jurado will be required to quarantine for two weeks upon arrival to the UK.
This will prevent him from training with Manchester United for the next fortnight.
Jurado will join United’s academy and try to work his way towards the first team over the coming seasons.
At present United have not made a single senior signing this summer, so deals for academy level talents are all fans have had to get excited about.
His arrival follows Isak Hansen-Aaroen, also 16, who Tromso confirmed last week was United-bound.
Marc Jurado: Future Manchester United star
- Barcelona wanted to keep him
Jurado rejected Barcelona’s offer to stay and has decided to pursue a career with Manchester United, just like Gerard Pique once did.
- Tough path ahead
Jurado is 16-years-old and plays at right-back. There are a number of players ahead of him at United in this role, and this means he will have to work extra hard to make a first team impact.
- Record holder
Jurado holds the record for the fastest ever goal scored in Barcelona’s academy. While playing for the under-10s he netted a goal after just five seconds.
- Cavani not ready for West Ham clash but will hopefully return next week
- Recent United target Eduardo Camavinga makes flying start at Madrid
- West Ham’s Croatia trip gives Manchester United a rare advantage
- Patrice Evra reacts to reports Cristiano Ronaldo moved home due to ‘noisy sheep’
- How will James Garner be affected by Nottingham Forest sacking Hughton?
- Raphael Varane’s freakishly unlucky Champions League opening game record
- Manchester United’s ‘What If…?’ moment: Jude Bellingham would have completed Red Devils team
- German press react to Jadon Sancho’s slow start at Manchester United
- Unai Emery gives verdict on Manchester United’s defeat to Young Boys