Manchester United have added another promising talent to the club’s academy.
Youngster Majid Balogun has joined the club, after his former side Lambeth Tigers confirmed the news, stating the Red Devils beat competition from other sides from around England.
Balogun then posted an update on his Instagram page expressing his excitement at joining the Red Devils.
He even posted a photo alongside United first team midfielder Paul Pogba, who had welcomed him to Carrington.
It will be a few years before Balogun starts pushing for United’s first team, but he is in a good place to continue his development.
United push to snap up English talent
Since the Brexit rules were introduced, United cannot sign players from abroad who are under 18.
This has prompted United to look more closely at signing English talents, and Balogun is the latest addition.
United won’t be done either. The push to snap up the best academy talent will continue, and there was even a raid on rivals Liverpool to sign Ethan Ennis last year (below).
- Photo: 18-year-old talent signs first Manchester United professional contract
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game