Manchester United have been busy adding players at academy level. The club have now confirmed a few long awaited deals.
United’s official website confirms striker Joe Hugill and defender Logan Pye have joined the club from Sunderland.
The capture of Czech goalkeeper Radek Vitek has also been finally confirmed.
This is part of United confirming the scholarship intake of under-18s for the upcoming season.
Exciting attackers Shola Shoretire and Omari Forson are among the young players already on United’s books to secure deals.
Hugill is just 16 yet has already played for and scored for Sunderland’s under-23 team.
Pye is a left-back who has represented England at under-18 level. United beat competition from Arsenal for his signature, The Sun reported earlier this year.
More to come
United may have a few more incoming announcements. The club website reads: “A further announcement confirming new arrivals to the Academy squads is due to be published at a later date.”
These are likely to include Marc Jurado from Barcelona and Alvaro Fernandez Carreras from Real Madrid.
Alvaro announced his departure from Real’s academy yesterday, despite the club’s offer of a new deal.
Spanish newspaper AS report he has agreed a four-year contract at United.
Full academy intake: Daniel Polakowski, Radek Vitek, Rhys Bennett, Oliver Kilner, Logan Pye, Omari Forson, Joe Hugill, Shola Shoretire.
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival
- 10 years after failed Manchester United move, Adem Ljajic is linked with another Premier League club
- Dan James could be a Manchester United fringe player next season and that is no bad thing
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v FC Copenhagen
- Who is reported Manchester United target Alex Meret?
- Reaction to report Tahith Chong loan could be two-years long
- Manchester United may have played a masterstroke over Chris Smalling
- Martial and Rashford are teammates, not rivals
- Manchester United are on a collision course with Inter Milan