Largie Ramazani has become the latest player released by Manchester United at the end of June to find a new club.
Ramazani has signed with Spanish side Almeria, the Spanish side announced on their official website.
The 19-year-old winger had a productive season for Manchester United’s under-23s this past year, netting nine goals in 13 games.
Ramazani also made his first team debut in the Europa League away at Astana as a late substitute.
United actually wanted Ramazani to stay, The Mail reported in July. The young Belgian turned down the offer of a new contract.
The most notable aspect of Ramazani signing for Almeria is the fact he has landed a five-year contract.
This deal which runs until 2025 is more than he would have been offered at United. Tahith Chong’s new contract for instance runs just up until 2022 with an option for a further year.
Ramazani now has security for the next five years, that’s important for a young player trying to make his way in the game.
Almeria just missed out on promotion to La Liga last season and Ramazani will go into their first team squad.
Factor in the chance to play regular first team football along with the long contract, and it is easy to see why Ramazani made the decision he did.
His best option at United in 2020/21 would have been to go out on loan. Now he gets the chance to try and build something for himself in Spain’s second tier.
It may work, it may not, but it’s understandable why he has taken the gamble after an impressive individual campaign.
The 10 players released by Manchester United on June 30
- Aidan Barlow
Without a club
- Angel Gomes
Lille on loan at Boavista
- Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
- Alex Fojticek
- Ethan Hamilton
- Dion McGhee
Without a club
- Demetri Mitchell
- Kieran O’Hara
- Largie Ramazani
- George Tanner
- Manchester United fans react to Arnau Puigmal reports
- Jack Grealish responds when told he should have signed for Manchester United
- 59 games in 257 days: Manchester United star being pushed to breaking point
- Marcus Rashford could require an operation in the summer, says Henry Winter
- Should Manchester United battle City for Manuel Locatelli?
- Manchester United’s decision not to sign Jack Grealish is proving costly
- It should come as no surprise Lazio aren’t keen on £23.3m Pereira option
- Marcos Rojo is still out injured after leaving United
- Solskjaer explains why he didn’t bring Amad Diallo on against Palace