Hannibal sends message to Manchester United fans from the stands as he cheers teammate's return
Manchester United youngster Hannibal missed the team’s under-21 EFL Trophy win over Bradford City due to suspension.
Hannibal received two yellow cards in the defeat to Lincoln in the previous match, a game he provided an assist in, and suspensions apply only to the same competition.
The Tunisia international was invited along with the squad to Valley Parade to join the experience anyway.
He watched from the stands as United won 3-0, thanks to an own goal, and strikes from Joe Hugill and Dillon Hoogewerf.
Sending a message on Instagram during the game, Hannibal praised the Manchester United away fans for their non-stop support.
Hannibal sent his message at 2-0 up, with United going on to add the third late in the game as Shoretire sent Hoogewerf clear on goal.
The youngster was also particularly pleased to see young teammate Noam Emeran make his return from injury.
French winger Emeran made his first appearance of the season as a late substitute in the 81st minute.
More praise for Manchester United fans
United academy head of player development, Justin Cochrane, was in attendance with the coaching staff and he also had positive words for the away support.
Cochrane thanked the travelling fans for the noise they made, with chants of Viva Ronaldo heard along with a few anti-Leeds songs which were joined in with by Bradford fans.
Veteran Paul McShane was in the United defence in his player and coach role and did well, blocking a couple of chances, and helped Teden Mengi at the back.
There is a chance Hannibal is with the first team squad on Wednesday night. United are at home so his trip to Bradford is no issue. While there is plenty of competition for starting places, Hannibal should have a good chance of making the bench for the first time at Old Trafford.
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United
- Opinion: Cristiano Ronaldo frustration is understandable as Murtough continues to strike out
- Reward for failure: MUST criticise 'indefensible' £11m Glazer dividend payment
- 'Graveyard'… Neville says Glazers to blame as Manchester United battle for signing
- Last ditch effort to sign Manchester United midfielder being considered, 51 games played this season
- Ajax star who just quit tips Manchester United transfer target to leave for big fee
- 'New Neymar' is the player Manchester United should be signing this summer