Mason Greenwood has been selected to make his 100th appearance for Manchester United.
At the age of 19, this is a quite staggering achievement, and shows the trust manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has placed in him.
Solskjaer gave Greenwood his debut back in 2019, and the teenager has gone from strength to strength.
Greenwood’s achievement is a rare one. Here is a look at the five Manchester United players to play 100 games for the club…
Duncan Edwards was on course to become one of Manchester United and England’s greats. He became one of United’s youngest ever debutants in 1953.
Edwards went onto make 177 appearances in a short career which was tragically cut short in the 1958 Munich air crash.
George Best made his Manchester United debut as a teenager in 1963.
He went onto inspire United to win a European Cup just five years later, and made a total of 361 appearances for the club in an action-packed career.
Also among United’s youngest ever debutants, Norman Whiteside set many records during his early years at Manchester United and this was one of them.
Whiteside made a total of 274 appearances for United, and won two FA Cups.
Ryan Giggs made his United debut in 1990. He went onto become the club’s all-time record appearance maker with a staggering 963 games in total.
Giggs’s career was a huge success, winning two Champions League trophies, 13 Premier League titles, and four FA Cups, among others.
Mason Greenwood is just getting started. He now joins an elite group on 100 appearances for United.
Greenwood has netted double figures in each of his opening seasons as a United player, and the best is yet to come.
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance
- Pogba and Fernandes embrace at end of France and Portugal draw
- Paul Pogba produces another masterclass as France draw with Portugal
- Anthony Elanga’s rave reviews set him up perfectly for 2021/22
- Jadon Sancho agreement likely ‘in days’ – report
- Neville hails Harry Maguire’s ‘dominant’ performance in England win
- How Paul Pogba’s salary compares to France international teammates
- Manchester United’s seven best under-18 players from the 20/21 season
- Jose Mourinho still finds a way to criticise Luke Shaw’s England performance
- Who is reported Manchester United target Kacper Kozlowski?
- Harry Maguire shows Manchester United what was missing in Gdansk