Signing Cristiano Ronaldo alone would have been a quite outrageous transfer window for Manchester United. He is simply that good.
Fortunately there were a couple of extra big signings too, his former Real teammate Raphael Varane and England winger Jadon Sancho.
Sancho is a hugely exciting talent, who at just 21, has broken records in the Bundesliga for goals and assists.
Now Sancho gets to play alongside Ronaldo, and his signing is the biggest gift Ronaldo could have received.
Elite creative player
Sancho provided a staggering 19 assists last season, bettering his efforts of 18 assists the previous year.
He is still finding his feet a bit at Manchester United, working his way up to full fitness and adjusting the Premier League. He could flourish in the Champions League tonight.
Last season Sancho completed more passes into the penalty box than any player in the Bundesliga, with a total of 82.
This is the kind of passing ability Cristiano Ronaldo will absolutely thrive off.
Last season the top creative player Ronaldo played alongside was Juan Cuadrado, who registered 10 assists. Only three players managed more than four assists.
Sancho is arguably the best creative player Ronaldo has played with since his Real Madrid days, and while there has not been time for the young winger to show that at Manchester United yet, there is plenty of time ahead.
When Sancho starts gelling with the movement of his teammates, he is going to be a real force.
Ronaldo is likely to be the biggest beneficiary. Last season he netted 36 goals in all competitions for Juventus.
It would be no surprise at all if he gets close or even surpasses this figure for United. If Sancho rediscovers his own 19-assist form of last season, then Ronaldo could be unstoppable.
- Jadon Sancho grows in confidence without a cutting edge in United defeat
- Anthony Elanga makes a big impression in a short amount of time
- Solskjaer comments on Edinson Cavani’s fitness
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s